Joining CMCU is quick and easy
If you're ready to say goodbye to big-profit banks and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Central Minnesota Credit Union community, we'd be delighted to welcome you aboard. Here’s how to get started:
1. Become a Member
- See if you're eligible
- Complete our online membership application and open an account now
- Or visit your nearest Central Minnesota Credit Union branch to open an account.
2. Transfer your account details
The quickest way to do this is to personally contact each organization you deal with to give them your new Central Minnesota Credit Union account details. The easiest way to do this is by using our handy Switch Kit.
3. Close your old accounts
And you’re done!
Go on – make the move today.
Why Choose Us?
If you're not sure, why you should join CMCU, here are just a few reasons:
We’re not a bank
One of America’s largest credit unions, our profits are reinvested for the benefit of our members, not shareholders.
Most of our accounts are completely free of account fees which may eat away at your savings.
We’re online, around the corner or a phone call away, so however you like to manage your money, we make it easy.
More than 50,000 members in Minnesota trust CMCU with their banking, finance, investments and more.
We’ll protect you
Your savings is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
With 21 branches and more than 24,000 ATMs nation-wide as part of our Money Pass ATM network, finding us is easier than ever.
Are you eligible to join?
If you live, work, worship, volunteer, attend school or conduct business in:
- One of the following Minnesota Counties: Anoka, Becker, Benton, Carver, Chisago, Clay, Dakota, Douglas, Grant, Hennepin, Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, Morrison, Otter Tail, Pope, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Wilkin, Wright - OR-
- One of the following North Dakota Counties: Cass and Richland.
If you're a Blood Relative of a Central Minnesota Credit Union Member or Employee.